“THE MOST FUNDED TRAVEL TOWEL IN KICKSTARTER HISTORY”
Raised $450,000 on Kickstarter and Indiegogo
The PANGEA Movement was founded by three travelers who met while backpacking in Mexico. We loved seeing the world, but for every new and beautiful place we found, we also found trash. We couldn’t just sit by and do nothing. That’s why we’re developing eco-friendly, sustainably-produced travel products, and using the proceeds to fund global cleanups and place river barriers to keep trash from entering the ocean.
What happens when you buy a
PANGEA is more than a business--it’s a movement. And by purchasing a PANGEA Bamboo Outdoor Towel, you can join the movement and help us save the planet. We’ve used the money we’ve raised to fund 40 cleanups in 10 countries.We’ve already collected and responsibly disposed of 37,735 POUNDS of garbage! And we’re not stopping there. For every $10 we raise, we clean up two pounds of trash from the planet, and two pounds of carbon from the air.
How much trash enters the Ocean?
In 2018, the oceans already contained over 150 million tonnes of plastic waste, and the United Nations Environmental Program estimates that 13 million tonnes of trash are dumped into the oceans each year. Plastic has been found 11,000 meters below sea level in the deepest point on the planet—the Challenger Deep. And between California and Hawaii, an 80,000-tonne garbage patch three times the size of France is has been nicknamed “the eighth continent”.
How PANGEA is planning to stop this problem?
The Sungai Watch barriers were developed by a team of European environmentalists and engineers based in Bali. These wildlife-safe devices continuously block and remove trash from rivers, preventing it from washing into the ocean. Each barrier blocks an average of 20t of trash per year!
Our goal is to place 16,000 river barriers in the world’s 1,000 most polluting rivers—and when you buy an PANGEA Bamboo Outdoor Towel, you help us reach that goal.
In the three minutes it takes you to read this text, three garbage trucks of trash will be dumped into the ocean.
80% of that trash reaches the ocean through our rivers.Ocean pollution is like a kitchen sink overflowing with water; before we can address the problem, we must turn off the tap.
That’s why we’re partnering with Sungai Watch to place low-cost, easy-to-build, wildlife-friendly river barriers in some of the world’s most polluting rivers. Each barrier stops an average of 20 tonnes of trash per year!
We reinvest 40% of the profits into cleaning up the earth and constructing river barriers to prevent trash from reaching the ocean.
Better for you , Better for the Planet!
Bamboo makes a wonderful clothing material. Due to its hollow fiber, it has unusual breathing capabilities. The fiber is filled with micro gaps and micro holes, which allow for better moisture absorption and ventilation than other fibers.
- Comfort: Bamboo apparel is comfortable, very breathable, moisture-wicking, fast drying and thermal regulating. Bamboo fabric is anti-static so it doesn’t cling. It is often described as having the “ultra softness of cashmere and the sheen (luster) of silk.”
- Antibacterial: Bamboo is naturally antibacterial due to a bio-agent that the Japanese have called “kun,” which resists the growth of bacteria on the fiber. This is normally carried through to the finished product, allowing it also to resist the growth of bacteria that causes odors even after numerous washings. This eliminates the need for anti-microbial chemical treatment, which is known to cause allergic reaction and is environmentally unfriendly. This also means that the garment will have to be washed less often, saving energy and making clothes last longer.
- Thermal Regulating: Wouldn’t it be nice to have a fabric that makes you feel cooler in hot weather and warmer in cool weather? Sounds like a paradox, doesn’t it? Bamboo does this.
- Hypoallergenic: Bamboo is naturally hypoallergenic, which means it’s less likely to cause an allergic reaction in sensitive individuals.
- Easy Care and Energy Efficient: Bamboo is machine washable in cool water. Environmentally unfriendly and unhealthy fabric softeners are not needed or recommended.
I love my new towels and the bag that came with them. The fabric is softer than I expected and I really like the blue color that I ordered. I really enjoy using them when working out at home
The towel really sucks up water and feels less wet than you expect after using it. Considering another small one as a bathroom hand towel.
Very light and resistant, my favorite to-go bag !!!! Thank you, guys!
Comfortable on the skin and dries quickly just being hung up in an average room.
PANGEA BAMBOO OUTDOOR TOWEL
I really love these bamboo travel towels. I bought the set of two with a complementary bag/backpack, I use it all the time. I decided to buy another two sets for friends for Christmas I’m sure they will love them!!
I love both my towels. I did not mind the wait from indiegogo because it's still a growing company. The towel set came how I ordered the colors, perfectly and both of them are excellent condition (not defective). Cant wait to use it when I go traveling again, finally. Thank you! :)
The perfect towel for a trip, takes no space, dries easily and has cool design!
Arrived to Germany! ❤️
Arrived in Ontario 🇨🇦 today!! 🌍 🌎 🌏
Arrived on Friday to Victoria, Australia - gorgeous!
Arrived in Denmark as well! 🇩🇰 The towels are great and I’m so looking forward to bring them on a hiking trip this weekend 🌍
Just got mine 😁😁
Arrived in Israel as well ✈
Arrived in Estonia! 😍🗺🇪🇪